Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Time Keeps On Tickin'

I came across this photo of me and Gretch the other day. I remember this day so clearly, like it was yesterday. We were off to Hume Lake summer camp for a week without our parents. (I got an awesome letter everyday written on stationary from Paper Fantasy and filled with glitter and confetti...thanks Mom, I still have those letters somewhere!) I think I also remember thinking that I had a pretty good handle on life. I think I liked boys at this point, too. This was the summer before 3rd grade (I think? correct me if I am wrong Gretch if it was not 3rd it was 2nd- oh boy!) It just hit me that my oldest daughter is this age!


4 comments:

The Hayes Family said...

Oh, so funny.. what precious memories! Yes, I think it was the summer before 3rd grade. Remember that we spent our camp money on those lanyard bracelets and we loved watching those boys from Downey, CA??

Anonymous said...

My favorite part of this memory is the matchy clothing you girlies had at camp....two of EVERYTHING for Gretchie and Colleen. I can close my eyes and be there!

Grandpa Russ said...

Wasn't Wagon Train @ Hume for 4th, 5th & 6th grade? I certainly remember you two being so excited about going, and this picture sure captures that!

Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!