Sunday, August 10, 2008

This Week In Banmanland

A smooshed together version of our week!!


The retaining wall in the back of our yard is half done, it will be 3 bricks taller when completed. For now it is done enough for Mike to begin working on the deck...or resume work actually as the side portion has been completed... This is very exciting!! A half done deck is tricky with 4 kiddos playing around it...can't wait to have a done deck and lots of room to hang out in the backyard sans dirt!!

Mike got a ton done this weekend, I'll have to snap a photo tomorrow of the progress. My husband is actually quite skilled in the world of deck-building. Eat your heart out ladies!! Cutest part is, Caleb is always out there with him using his "tools" and working away!!


Pabby and I got our business cards printed FINALLY after close to 6 months of humming and hawing over the perfect design and wording. We are so thrilled!! Let me know if you are interested in owning one of these dandy cards:)


This gigantic caterpillar caught our eye at City park the other day. It was huge and so lime green with orange dots. Very cool. I was proud of my girls, they all touched it and Mikayla carried it around a bit. The photo does not even do this little sucker justice. It was mammoth. We figured it was just about ready to curl up and turn into a butterfly!


Mailee sporting some "back to school" duds at church this morning. Cute as ever:) I like her in yellow. She is sleeping over at Grandma Linda's tonight with no siblings or cousins...very special!!

Sidenote: The shoes we 5 bucks at Marshalls. I LOVE shopping in the States. Seriously people, you have no idea how good you have it down there!!

Thanks Mom for being such a trooper as we took (more like dragged) 4 kids thru the amazing Southcenter Mall and Old Navy and Ross and Target and Marshalls and Target again... all in about 13 hours spanning two days...it was fun in a crazy sort of way!!

Girl's night for my friend Denny's birthday. I am thankful for the friends i have in Kelowna!

This week is super busy cake order wise so excuse me absence...i should have some loveliness to post on the Fig and Ruby blog soon though!!

2 comments:

The Hayes Family said...

What a fun week! I love hearing all the updates!

Grandpa Russ said...

Hey, I'll trade you a couple F&R cards for a couple GSPS cards!

Deal??

Love,
Dad