Sunday, December 14, 2008

So Busy

Today we enjoyed a Christmas production at church, walked thru Art Knapp's, and relaxed at home the rest of the day. We iced some gingerbread cookies tonight too. Today was fun and relaxing family time, it was great!!


But I don't feel relaxed...I have realised that anything else that I want to send to my American family or friends will now officially be late from this point forward and that those Chirstmas cards that I have not started will probably not be happening till the new year. How did our life get so busy? How do I slow down when all of the things we are doing seem manditory? How do I make every moment count with the kids when I feel spread so thin?


I want to focus on relationships and enjoying these moments together but I can't let go of all the fun things that are calling my name! How do I say "NO" to costumes for school plays and cookies for this party and appies for that function? I love it all, I just wish it wasn't all smooshed into one month! Perhaps I'll throw my fabulous Chirstmas party in July...

4 comments:

Grandpa Russ said...

Hmmmm. . .

1. Start next year's shopping in January, finish by October?

Hug Mikayla. . .

2. Mail American "stuff" November 25th?

Hug your husband. . .

3. Mail Christmas cards December 1?

Hug Mailee. . .

4. Bake, decorate & freeze cookies last week of November, first week of December?

Hug your husband. . .

5. Have Mikayla & Mailee help wrap gifts?

Hug Maddie. . .

6. Start teaching Mikayla how to sew, to help make costumes?

Hug your husband. . .

7. As soon as kids start rehearsals for holiday programs at school, recruit a bunch of the more creative mom's over for a costume-making party?

Hug Caleb. . .

8. Start charging non-family $25/hr to make costumes?

Hug your husband. . .

9. Say "NO" to non-family projects?

Hug the baby. . .

10. Realize that everybody else goes thru exactly the same thing as you're feeling this time of year, too?

Oh, and did I mention to hug your family?

Love,
Dad

Watters said...

wow....now I know where you get some of this organization from...your dad really has it down...

Jen Johnson said...

You are doing a great job, just keep doing what your doing, the kids will never remember your tired but will remember every cookie and outfit you sowed, so it is all worth it. I loved the cookies the kids did such a professional job.

Levecks said...

Colleen.. you are doing a fabulous job. and i must say i am impressed about your dads list.. a good one for us all to take into consideration!!!!
ps.. i'll definatly attend your christmas party in july.