Thursday, October 14, 2010

Looks Can Be Deceiving

I love this picture of Caiters.  I uploaded it to an album on Facebook and most people thought she was eating something sour.  She was actually eating a delicious grape and the gesture she was making was her I'm-so-excited-I'm-scrunching-up-my-face-and-my-shoulders-to-show-it look.  I guess I can see how it would look like she is tasting something unpleasant but I was there at the time and it was very much a happy moment for the small girl.

Anyways, I was just thinking about what to post after my last dramatic outburst.  It didn't seem right to plaster perfect photos of my happy family as if last week never happened.  {It was tempting though, ha ha.}  But this photo sort of depicts how I am feeling.  Last week was hard, I was DONE.  I wanted a free pass to step off the ride.  I felt like and blogged like Cait looks in this photo.  The cool part is that inside something else is happening; I am regaining the sweet taste of peace and placing my trust in my Father's hands.  What a relief!  I am certain I will feel like last week at some point again but I love how in the times that we are at our worst, God is bigger than our issues and His promises are stronger than the self-pitying messages that we give ourselves!!

Anyways, thanks for all the encouraging words and support!  I love having an outlet to share the fun times in our lives with the people that love us {and possibly a few that don't even know us} but it's great to be able to be honest and share the tough stuff too!

One the calendar for the next 10 days:

-trip to Davidson Orchards with the Stangs, Terri, hopefully Grandma and Grandpa...
-Soccer playoffs for Mikayla's soccer team
-Mailee's Birthday party and her "real day"

If you don't hear from me, it's birthday season at my house.  Pics to follow, you can count on that!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Adorable photo....what a great moment to capture. I am glad you are feeling God's presence and strngth. I have been praying for you friend!

Levecks said...

oh what a great following to the last one :) Your amazing coll!!
love you!

Bev said...

This is the perfect analogy. You are a wise girl to "keep it real"...otherwise our lives become very superficial and we have to wear a mask just to get through. I am proud of you!

whereyouleadme said...

well said Bev..transparency and vulnerability are our keys to real relationship. We need each other and of course the love that He shares with us to give away and encourage each other in times of our weakness! There's no escape from those challenges but there's lots of us who can relate and support you in these low moments. Thanks for sharing colleen..thanks for letting us know and giving us that opportunity to feel needed and share some love ! You are a beautiful woman and mother and we are blessed by who you are..in weakness and in strength!!!