Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Turkey Berry Salad

We have been having salad for dinner every night to avoid using the oven.  It is so easy and so filling!

I really liked this combo and it was so colorful.  One of the kids even suggested I take a photo because it was so pretty:)


Turkey Burgers:

{Keep in mind; these are Banmanland proportions}

2 pounds ground turkey
3/4 cup feta cheese
1/2 cup pesto

{sometimes I don't have pesto.  These taste great with Mexican flavours as well; cumin, chili powder, garlic, onion...}

Smoosh it all together, make patties, sprinkle with salt and pepper, cook on medium high in a pan.
{I know, I said I wasn't using the oven/stove but this part can be done in the morning before it gets hot!!  Keep the burgers in the fridge.}

Salad:
{This is flexible.  You can make this salad 1000 different ways!}

lettuce {anything but iceburg}
avacado
red pepper
carrots
tomatoes
strawberries
raspberries
blueberries
sunflower seeds{or almonds or pecans or walnuts}
green onions

3 comments:

restlessrisa said...

I think I am making this tonight! I am your newest follower. Thanks!
<3
Risa

Holly said...

Looks yummy! What dressing do you use with this one? Or do you use the pesto as your dressing? Love mixing in berries in the summer :)

Unknown said...

Nice to meet you Risa:) Holly- I used a coconut balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing. This can easily be made by adding a few drops of coconut flavor to olive oil and vinegar. Be sure to look for balsamic vinegar that does not contain sulphites!!